Harbortown Marina – Canaveral is a pet-friendly marina. Many dog owners have wanted to take their dogs to the beach. However, this has not been allowed at our nearby beaches, with the exception of Canova Beach, approximately 41 minutes from Harbortown Marina. Now, the City of Cocoa Beach has passed new ordinances allowing dogs on the beach in certain areas at certain times. Please see below for the new rules regarding dogs on the beach in Cocoa Beach.
City of Cocoa Beach Ordinance No. 1620 will go into effect July 15, 2018. Summary of the ordinance is as follows:
- Dog on 6 ft. leash at all times.
- 4th Street South to north side of Murkshe Park (only location dogs are allowed)
- Allowable times for dogs to be on the beach are 6:00am-10:00am and 5:00pm-7:00pm during standard time, 9:00pm during daylight savings time.
- Owners must clean up after their dog. There are pet disposal stations located at each crossover from 4th Street South to Northside of Murkshe Park.
- Violation may result in a $250.00 fine.
- The dog park at Lori Wilson Park is open but NO dogs are allowed outside the fenced enclosure or on the beach at this location.
- Please keep dogs off dunes and away from turtle nests.
For more details, visit the City of Cocoa Beach’s website.
Harbortown Marina – Canaveral has also created a list of other dog-friendly activities in the area. Click here to read this blog on activities near our pet-friendly marina.