Skip to content Go to Top
6 Tips for Staying Green on the Water
- Prevent Fuel Spills. Use or install a device to prevent overboard discharges from your tank vent.
- Reduce Fuel Consumption. Cut down on fuel usage by reducing cruising speeds, properly trimming, regularly tuning your engine, making sure the hull is clean and taking shorter trips.
- Maintain a Clean Bilge. Hazardous toxins build up in a bilge that aren’t good for the environment.
- Maintain Proper Equipment. Make sure your boat, engine and propeller blades are in good condition to avoid wasting fuel and minimizing the chances of hazardous materials entering the water.
- Stow Trash. Keep your trash on board and take advantage of shore-side facilities to recycle plastic, glass, metal and paper.
- Install Solar Panels. The use of solar panels on your boat provides a reliable, fuel-free power source for your boating excursions.